Terms & Conditions
• Full payment or your initial deposit (50% of your total order) reserves your event date and is non-refundable or transferable. NO refunds will be issued under any circumstances.
• Full payment is due for orders made in less than 2 weeks from your event date. If a deposit has been made, balance must be paid two (2) weeks prior your event date. If you miss your final payment on the initial due date, there will be an additional 25% charge to the total that is due if you are still wanting the order to be processed.
• The date of your final payment, two (2) weeks prior your event date, or before if paid in full, is the final date for any changes of size, style, or flavors of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
• Delivery and setup are an additional cost based on time of delivery, location and is applicable for DESSERT PACKAGES AND OR CAKES VALUED $400 OR MORE. Set up time frame is a maximum of 1 hour. This time frame begins once Golden Sugar Bakery’s staff is onsite as scheduled. You are responsible for providing a sturdy leveled table, table decoration and inedible items if needed before Golden Sugar Bakery’s staff is on site.
• We are not responsible for any damage to the cake after setup is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate & secure table and environment for the cake(s). An optimal room temperature of 70 degrees or below is best.
• You are also acknowledging and responsible for all “non-toxic” items you chose for this order such as disco dust and luster dust that is not edible but for enhancing decorating use only. This also includes any fresh flowers or cake toppers that go on the cake. Fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants.
• If you or your representative elective pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves GOLDEN SUGAR BAKERY’s possession.
• We photograph our cakes and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
• Our products may contain or encounter milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
• Performance of this agreement is contingent upon the ability of GOLDEN SUGAR BAKERY to complete the agreement and is subject to labor disputes or strikes, accidents, Acts of God, and other causes beyond our control.
• All cake orders that are delivered must be set out 1- 2 hours prior to your event cake serving time. If we deliver the cake and there is no place to set up the cake and you place the cake elsewhere other than where it needs to be set up, such as a restaurant (they typically place the cake in the freezer/refrigerator) if you cut into your cake and its cold/frozen, this is not our responsibly due to the fact that the cake was not set up where it needed to be upon delivery at the 2 hour mark of your cake serving time.
• If you submit a picture or bring a picture to the consultation that you want your cake to be based off of, it is your responsibility to state to us that you want the cake to look EXACTLY like. This means, colors, size, and structure will be close as possible. Once you make changes to the photo, it will not look like the picture you provided to GOLDEN SUGAR BAKERY. You are changing the look from the photo, which means, it will not look like the photo.
• I have agreed upon that GOLDEN SUGAR BAKERY can adjust as needed to make my cake as close to the photo or cake that was created during my consultation.
All design fees and 50% deposits are non-refundable. If you cancel your order, the balance may be used as a credit for future orders provided Golden Sugar Bakery is notified at least 15 business days prior to the event. There is no payment refund on orders canceled within 15 business days of the event.
In the event of a family emergency, Golden Sugar Bakery will do their best to work with you to reschedule. Please note that any duplication of work already performed will require additional payment. Cancellations on projects over $3,000 are assessed on a case by case basis.
Can you match the cake to the colors I am using?
For color matching we ask that you provide a swatch of the shade you would like. We will do our best to match the color to within 3 shades (darker or lighter). With edible products and food grade dyes exact matches are sometimes difficult to achieve. Also be advised that dark colors will sometimes taste a little bitter, or stain.
Do you deliver or pickup policy?
Yes, we offer delivery for DESSERT PACKAGES AND OR CAKES VALUED $400 OR MORE. If asked to deliver your order the day of and you did not pay for the delivery service prior, you will need to pay the additional fee within one hour of your request. If not, your cake may not be delivered on time, due to lack of communication and or setup on your part. Pick Up time frame is between 10 am – 6 pm. We are located in Rosedale, Queens ( five minutes away from Green Acres Mall). Full address will be given the day before pickup.
Inconvenience fees will apply for the follow:
- Next Day Pick Up $25 - this is a recurring fee charged every day until you’ve picked up your order. No show after 3 days will automatically cancel your order and no refunds would be made.
- Pick up between 6-8pm - $20
- Change of order date made less than 1 week ahead of time - $75.
These fees if applied must be paid via. Zelle, PayPal or Cashapp. Delayed payment will delay the retrieval of your order. There will be absolutely no exceptions made.
You acknowledge that it is your sole responsibility to check your order form to ensure all details are correct. If changes to this order form are needed, you do acknowledge that it is your sole responsibility to notify GOLDEN SUGAR BAKERY in writing as soon as possible of the changes. You do understand that the cake details (flavors, styles, sizes, etc.) stated on your invoice will supersede any verbal or other written communications. In other words, if it is not on your invoice, it will not be on my cake. GOLDEN SUGAR BAKERY is not responsible for damage to cakes resulting from sitting outside or damage resulting after cake has been picked up by client. You agree to give some degree of artistic license concerning your cake design. You understand that my cake will be to the closest representation of agreed upon. “I agree to the terms set out in this contract and agree that I am the person responsible for all payments and decisions regarding this cake order.” If you are unsatisfied with your order upon delivery/pickup, and do not express your concerns at that time, you will not receive credit or any type of refund. If you are not there and have a coordinator or event planner, they will be your representative.
Once deposit or full payment is made, you wholly agree with the terms and conditions stated above.